I apologize. It’s been a little while since I posted a new recipe for you. My husband has been doing most of the cooking on the grill which gives me time to work on my current WIP. Thank God for him!!
This is the 14th installment of Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Pot Roast! As the weather continues to cool down more I pull out my trusty crock pot to cook up some tasty dishes. I hope you and your whole family enjoy this hardy meal. Bon Appetit! Mangia!
I put together this recipe for Pot Roast which is nourishing and filling for a cool night. This is quick, easy and delicious. I love easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you?
Here are the other recipes Basil Pesto Shrimp, Spicy Bean Salsa, Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
- 1 lb pot roast
- 2-3 carrots
- 2-3 potatoes
- green beans (frozen or fresh) (I used okra this time since I didn’t have green beans.
- Mushrooms sliced (optional)
- Chopped onion small
- garlic powder to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Can of diced tomatoes or two tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup or more red wine
- 2-3 tbs Arrowroot (thickener)
- 1 tsp Gravy Master (browner)
- Add diced tomatoes or paste to crock pot
- Add wine to pot and stir together
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Braise pot roast on all sides in olive oil in fry pan
- Remove roast and place in crock pot
- Saute chopped onions in leftover oil in pan
- Add sauteed onions with meat juice to pot
- Peel potatoes and carrots and slice in halves or quarters and add to pot
- Add green beans, okra or other greens to pot
- Add a little water to arrowroot to blend it and the Gravy Master to brown the liquid and add both to pot a hour before it is finished to allow to thicken and brown.
- Cook for 4-6 hours
I served this meal with Syrian bread or a crusty loaf of bread to soak up all the delicious liquid.
Stay tuned for more recipes from Janice’s Kitchen Corner! Happy cooking and eating everyone!
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased the books. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much!
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING! Jemsbooks are available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and by clicking on covers to the right of this post. Thank you for your kind support and reviews of my books.
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE