This is another recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Beef, Barley, Beans and Kale Soup!
I put together this recipe for which is quick, easy and delicious. I love easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you? This is a nourishing and hearty soup. If you choose to make it without meat it can be vegetarian soup.
Here are the other recipes Baked Chicken, Chili, Shrimp Scampi, Shortcakes, Pot Roast, Basil Pesto Shrimp, Spicy Bean Salsa, Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
- 2-3 Beef shin bones with meat
- small meatballs (1/2 lb ground beef)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Beef bouillon (liquid or paste)
- small chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Water in large soup pan
- 2-3 Sliced carrots & celery
- Beans mixed 1/2-3/4 cup
- 1/4 Barley
- Cook dried beans for 1 hour, drain and set aside to be added to soup later (you can used canned beans instead and add at the end)
- Brown beef shin bones in 2 Tbs olive oil
- Mix ground beef with some of the chopped onion and combine with one egg to form meatballs
- Brown in oil leftover from shin bones
- Remove all meat and add rest of chopped onions to oil and saute with garlic
- Add water and/or bouillon (I used 2 1/2 tsp beef bouillon paste to water)
- Slice up meat from shin bones and add to water
- Add sliced carrots and celery and cook for 10 minutes
- Add Kale and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until tender
- Add meatballs that were partially cooked to soup now and cook for a few more minutes
- Add beans and barley mix to soup and mix through and shut off heat
- Serve with crusty bread, add grated parmesan if you want
This is a hearty meal that will last for a few days or you can freeze it for later.
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased them. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much! Happy Reading Everyone!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)