This notice is for this website; [www.jemsbooks.wordpress.com] owned by [Janice Spina, USA] and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
Lawful basis: Consent
1. The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to buy a book from my website.
2. We process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
3. Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until…[put time period here]
4. Sharing your information: [We do not share your information with third parties.] [We do share your personal information with third parti
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
1. The reason we use this basis: To pay my taxes correctly.
2. We process your information in the following ways: I must maintain a list of clients with name, address, and purchases for tax inspections in line with [put your county or nation’s tax service name here]
3. Data retention period: Six years
4. Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties. / We do share your personal information with third parties and they include…
5. If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies [provided by WordPress.com] in how we store, access and manage that information.
We use these companies to manage data…
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners [Google AdSense, eBay Partner Network, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, or are served through our own means.]
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; http://www.kwillbooks.com or as a titled text link like this: Bookshops in Cambridge
This site does not use any adverts.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription:
We do not use any email services.
UPDATED MAY 2018