This is the 17th installment of Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Chili!
I put together this recipe for Chili which is nourishing and filling for a cool night. This is quick, easy and delicious. I love easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you?
This recipe is on the hot side the way we like it. You may want to cut down on the hot sauce or red pepper flakes to make it not as hot. I serve my chili with cornbread made with yellow cornmeal. I have snapped a photo of the recipe on the container below after my chili recipe for you to try.
Here are the other recipes Shrimp Scampi, Shortcakes, Pot Roast, Basil Pesto Shrimp, Spicy Bean Salsa, Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can dark red kidney beans
- 15 oz can light red kidney beans
- 15 oz can corn or frozen corn
- Can tomato chunks in liquid or diced tomatoes in can
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 6 Tbs chili powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- Small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbs Franks Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Sauté onions and garlic in 2 Tbs olive oil
- Brown beef with onions and garlic until cooked
- Add beef, onions and garlic to crock pot
- Drain and rinse out all beans before adding to pot
- Add tomato chunks in liquid, tomato paste and 2 cups water
- Add cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, chili powder and hot pepper sauce to pot
- Mix all together
- Cook for 4-6 hours
Note: I love to add all kinds of beans. You can add other kinds if you like, the more the yummier! Healthy for you too!
Enjoy this one pot meal on a cold winter’s day or any time! It’s nourishing, delicious and filling. Serve with a slice or two of corn bread! Yum!
Prepare corn bread by recipe below. Enjoy!
Stay tuned for more recipes from Janice’s Kitchen Corner! Happy cooking and eating everyone!
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased them. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much! Happy Reading Everyone!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)