This is another installment of Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Escarole Soup.
I put together this recipe for Escarole Soup which is quick, easy and delicious. I love easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you? This is a healthy dinner that even the kids will love! You will get them to eat some greens!
Here are the other recipes Baked Chicken, Spinach & Chicken Soup, Chili, Shrimp Scampi, Shortcakes, Pot Roast, Basil Pesto Shrimp, Spicy Bean Salsa, Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
- Chicken Bouillon and/or water
- Breast of chicken with bones
- Small – medium onion in quarters
- 1-2 cloves garlic or garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large head of escarole or 2 small ones
- 2-3 stalks sliced celery
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- 1/2 C barley regular or quick cooking one
- 1/2 C rice or acini de pepe, orzo, pastina, alphabets, egg noodles or other pasta
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs
- Fill large pot 3/4 of the way with water and/or chicken bouillon
- Add chicken breast, chopped onion, salt & pepper and garlic
- Add regular barley (takes 45 minutes to cook)
- Cook until chicken is done 30-40 minutes
- Add celery, carrots and escarole, cook for 10 minutes,
- Add quick cooking barley now and cook for 6 more minutes until done.
- Add sliced hard boiled eggs
- Cook rice or other pasta separately and add after soup is done or add a little to each bowl and pour soup over it. This keeps the soup in the pot from getting too starchy. I usually add the rest of the pasta to the soup later but you may have to add more water and salt & pepper because it can get thick.
Serve with a crusty bread or any kind of bread! It’s a meal that will fill you up and help keep you healthy with the leafy greens of the escarole.
I hope you will stop by again for more easy and delicious recipes. There is always something good cooking in Janice’s Kitchen Corner. Happy eating everyone! Stay safe and well! God Bless!
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased them. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much! Happy Reading Everyone!
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING! Jemsbooks are available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and by clicking on covers to the right of this post. Thank you for your kind support and reviews of my books.
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR! May your blessings be many! God Bless!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE