This is the 16th installment of Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Shrimp Scampi!
I put together this recipe for which is nourishing and filling for a cool night. This is quick, easy and delicious. I love easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you? I have to give credit for this wonderful recipe to https://damndelicious.net/2014/03/28/Shrimp-scampi/
Here are the other recipes Shortcakes, Pot Roast, Basil Pesto Shrimp, Spicy Bean Salsa, Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
- 8 ozs linguine (I used our favorite – fettuccine)
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used colossal cut in half)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon (I didn’t use this.)
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley leaves (I had to use dried parsley)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to pkg, drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. (I used my wok which was perfect when I added the pasta.)
- Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt & pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in pasta, lemon zest and parsley.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
Note: Chicken stock can be used for white wine as a non-alcoholic substitute.
Stay tuned for more recipes from Janice’s Kitchen Corner! Happy cooking and eating everyone!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)