This is the 12th installment of Janice’s Kitchen Corner.
I put together this recipe Homemade Spicy Bean Salsa with different kinds of beans to make a delicious and easy salsa that can be refrigerated for up to four days or more. It is addictive! You will never buy another salsa again! This is quick, easy and delicious. I love easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you?
Do you want your kids to eat veggies? They will love this salsa. Just don’t make it too spicy for their delicate tummies.
Here are the other recipes Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
Serves many – 8 or more!
- 1 can (15 oz) black-eyed peas, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained (or 2 cups frozen)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 C chopped red onion
- 1/2 C chopped green bell pepper
- 1 jar (4 oz) diced jalapeño peppers (use 1/4 cup if you like it less hot)
- 1 C Italian style salad dressing (I just use Extra Virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash or two of cumin
- In a large bowl combine peas, beans, corn, onion, green pepper, jalapeños and tomatoes
- Season with Italian-style salad dressing and garlic & onion powder
- Mix all ingredients well
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors
- Serve with taco chips
Note: If you want to cut this recipe down, purchase smaller cans of ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste. When I make this, it is usually for company. Two people can’t possibly finish this in a week.
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious salsa for the whole family. Your kids will eat tons of it! Stay tuned for more recipes from Janice’s Kitchen Corner! Happy cooking and eating everyone!
Thank you so much for stopping by to read this post. I hope you enjoyed it and will be back again real soon. Thank you also for your kind support of me, my books and blog and for any reviews you have posted wherever my books are sold. Take care.
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Janice Spina aka J.E. Spina
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)