Here is another recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner to enjoy with your family. This is an easy and quick appetizer that you can whip up and serve last minute. Just stock up on Philo dough cups and sheets so you will be ready to have them any time.
Here are the other recipes I have shared here: Pork Pies, Baked Chicken, Chili, Shrimp Scampi, Shortcakes, Pot Roast, Basil Pesto Shrimp, Spicy Bean Salsa, Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Beef and Broccoli with Wine, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs finely chopped onion or you can use onion flakes
- 5 large mushrooms chopped fine
- 2 Tbs Goat Cheese
- Philo cups or dough
- Ritz Whole Wheat Crackers (about 6) (crumbled)
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Melt butter in small fry pan
- Add chopped onion and sauté until lightly browned
- Add chopped mushrooms and sauté until cooked
- Transfer mushroom mixture to bowl and crackers crumbs. goat cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix all together (goat cheese will melt as you mix)
- Follow directions on Philo cup pkg – toast them in the oven lightly (I didn’t do this – didn’t read directions – oops!)
- Using a teaspoon fill cups with mixture and bake in oven 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes (don’t overcook or they will burn) Watch them – they could be ready sooner especially if you have already toasted them before. (Read directions on pkg to be sure.)
They will be crunchy and crispy and have a creamy texture with the cheese. Delicious! My friends love them! Pop them into your mouth and enjoy! Yum!
If you use the cups like I did, you can place them onto an aluminum or other sheet to bake. If you use the Philo dough you will have to form the dough into small muffin cups and then toast them before filling them. I used the cups already formed to make it easy for me. There are 15 cups in the package. You can also fill these cups with whatever you want. Be creative! They can be used hot or cold depending on what you fill them with.
I apologize for not having more photos of them I threw away the Philo cup box and had put all the ingredients away when I remembered that I wanted to share this with my readers. So sorry! At least I remembered to take a photo of them before they were gone.
Thank you for stopping by Janice’s Kitchen Corner for another delicious and easy recipe. Please come back again for more recipes. I love to share some good eating with you. Enjoy! Stay safe and well!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Janice Spina aka J.E. Spina
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)
AMAZON.COM JE SPINA NOVELS PAGE
These look delicious! I love those little phyllo cups and keeps some in the freezer.
Me too! 😂
Pingback: Another Recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Coconut Shrimp! | JEMSBOOKS
Pingback: Another Recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner! | JEMSBOOKS