This is the ninth installment of Janice’s Kitchen Corner.
Now that our zucchini plant is producing some beautiful vegetables I have been coming up with my recipes. Today I will be sharing my recipe for Zucchini Bread. This is quick, easy and delicious. I love easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you?
Do you want your kids to eat veggies? Bake them in a bread! That works every time! Add a little spices and sugar and they will eat every bite! Try it out! It doesn’t work for every vegetable but you can use butternut squash, carrots, or pumpkin.
Here are the other recipes Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 50-55 minutes
Oven 350 degrees F Makes 1 loaf (16 servings – more like 12 thicker slices)
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 C cooking oil
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts or pecans (toasted or plain)
- Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 8x4x2 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine egg, sugar, zucchini, and oil.
- Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy)
- Fold in nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing. (I didn’t do this. My husband couldn’t wait to taste it. I sliced it once it was cooled and it was perfectly delicious!)
Note: You can use this same recipe and substitute apples for the zucchini or anything else you like. It’s a versatile recipe.
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious way to serve zucchini and that this bread becomes one of your favorites. Your kids will even eat zucchini now! Stay tuned for another recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner! Happy cooking and eating everyone!
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased them. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much! Happy Reading Everyone!
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING! Jemsbooks are available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and by clicking on covers to the right of this post. Thank you for your kind support and reviews of my books.
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)