Here’s another recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Crab Cakes
I searched online and found many, some I liked, others I did not. I settled on this one called – Best-Ever Crab Cakes by Lindsay Funston, a food editor on https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58704/best-ever-crab-cakes-recipe/
I always give credit to the person who created a recipe. Thank you, Lindsay, for this one. I hope you don’t mind me sharing it a little. Readers, you can check out her recipe online and give her some kudos for this one.
Here are the other recipes I have shared here: Pork Pies, Baked Chicken, Chili, Shrimp Scampi, Shortcakes, Pot Roast, Basil Pesto Shrimp, Spicy Bean Salsa, Stuffed Zucchini, Cole Slaw, Beef and Broccoli with Wine, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black papper
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells (I used claw meat but next time I am going to use lump crabmeat – it is more expensive though.)
- 3/4 Cup pinko bread crumbs (or saltines)
- 2 Tbs freshly chopped parsley
- canola oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Tartar sauce, for serving
- In medium bowl mix together mayo, egg, mustard, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt & pepper.
- In another bowl mix crabmeat, panko and parsley.
- Fold mayo mixture into crabmeat.
- Form into 8 patties.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, coat pan with oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add crab cakes and cook in batches until golden and crispy, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with lemon and tartar sauce.
I made these ahead of time and then heated them through in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
I hope you and your family will enjoy these crab cakes. We had them leftover and enjoyed them for two more days as an appetizer before meals or at lunchtime. I think they tasted better the next day or so.
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)