This is the 11th recipe that I am sharing on the cooking segment of my blog. I hope you have been enjoying it so far.
Today I want to share an easy and tasty recipe using left over roast beef or steak. I hate to throw anything away and also do not like to freeze leftover beef. It never tastes the same after freezing. I call this recipe Beef and Broccoli with Wine.
Here are the other recipes I have featured in the previous posts: Beef and Broccoli with Wine, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
This is a quick recipe but don’t tell your family how easy it is. It will looked like you slaved over the stove. They will love it too!
- Leftover steak or roast beef (l had roast beef – several slices leftover for this.)
- 1-2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil (EEOO)
- Chopped onions (2 Tbs)
- 1-2 cloves garlic pressed
- Bunch of broccoli
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Red wine (burgundy or whatever you have on hand)
- 1-2 Tbs Arrowroot (thickener like flour but less starchy and lower in calories)
- 1 tsp of Gravy Master (for browning liquid)
- Salt & pepper (only if you didn’t heavily season your beef previously)
- Sauté onions and garlic in EEOO in frying pan
- Add raw broccoli and sauté until slightly cooked (I like a little bite to my broccoli.)
- Add beef cut up in medallions sized pieces
- Add mushrooms
- Saute meat and broccoli together until tender (I used med rare roast beef and cooked it almost well done) (You can precook broccoli and add at the end)
- Add Red wine
- Add Arrowroot mixed into a 1/4 cup of water to the pan and combine until thickened
- Add a little more water if it gets too thick or more wine which I did!
- Simmer together to combine flavors
- Serve over egg noodles or rice
I hope you try this recipe on your leftover beef night. I’m sure the whole family will love it. Serve it with some crusty bread for dipping too! You will want to drink it all up.
Thank you so much for stopping by to read this post. I hope you enjoyed it and will come back again real soon. Thank you also for your kind support of me, my books and blog and for all the reviews you may have posted wherever my books are sold. Take care.
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Janice Spina aka J.E. Spina
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)
AMAZON.COM JE SPINA NOVELS PAGE
Sounds like another tasty – and simple – dish to try.
This looks delicious, Janice. I’m going to make it!
Hope you enjoy it, Noelle! 😘
Not much for seafood or Zucchini, but this caught my eye!! Looks delish!! I always LOVED Beef & Broccoli at Chinese places, but am afraid to eat Chinese now. THIS I would make at home for sure!!
I hope you enjoy it! 🎂
Pingback: Another Recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Coconut Shrimp! | JEMSBOOKS
Pingback: Another Recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner! | JEMSBOOKS