This is the 11th recipe that I am sharing on the cooking segment of my blog. I hope you have been enjoying it so far.
Today I want to share an easy and tasty recipe using left over roast beef or steak. I hate to throw anything away and also do not like to freeze leftover beef. It never tastes the same after freezing. I call this recipe Beef and Broccoli with Wine.
Here are the other recipes I have featured in the previous posts: Beef and Broccoli with Wine, Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Italiano, Grapenut Custard, Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
This is a quick recipe but don’t tell your family how easy it is. It will looked like you slaved over the stove. They will love it too!
- Leftover steak or roast beef (l had roast beef – several slices leftover for this.)
- 1-2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil (EEOO)
- Chopped onions (2 Tbs)
- 1-2 cloves garlic pressed
- Bunch of broccoli
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Red wine (burgundy or whatever you have on hand)
- 1-2 Tbs Arrowroot (thickener like flour but less starchy and lower in calories)
- 1 tsp of Gravy Master (for browning liquid)
- Salt & pepper (only if you didn’t heavily season your beef previously)
- Sauté onions and garlic in EEOO in frying pan
- Add raw broccoli and sauté until slightly cooked (I like a little bite to my broccoli.)
- Add beef cut up in medallions sized pieces
- Add mushrooms
- Saute meat and broccoli together until tender (I used med rare roast beef and cooked it almost well done) (You can precook broccoli and add at the end)
- Add Red wine
- Add Arrowroot mixed into a 1/4 cup of water to the pan and combine until thickened
- Add a little more water if it gets too thick or more wine which I did!
- Simmer together to combine flavors
- Serve over egg noodles or rice
I hope you try this recipe on your leftover beef night. I’m sure the whole family will love it. Serve it with some crusty bread for dipping too! You will want to drink it all up.
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased them. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much! Happy Reading Everyone!
A very special THANK YOU to all my new followers! I love having you visit! Please keep coming back. There will be plenty more to enjoy, books, food, tales about my fish and birds that we feed and whatever else pops into my already overcrowded brain!
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING! Jemsbooks are available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and by clicking on covers to the right of this post. Thank you for your kind support and reviews of my books.
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)