This is the seventh installment of my newest segment – Janice’s Kitchen Corner.
Here are the other recipes Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
Today I will be sharing my mother’s recipe for Grapenut Custard. This is my favorite dessert even over strawberry shortcake!
- 4 eggs
- 3 C milk
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grapenuts Cereal
- Dash nutmeg
- Whipped cream
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together
- Gradually add milk and blend some more
- Pour egg mixture into custard cups
- Add a sprinkle or more of Grapenuts Cereal to each cup and they will sink down to the bottom. It they don’t you can mix it up a little until they do.
- Put a dash of nutmeg on top of each custard cup before baking
- Put a pat of butter on each cup
- Place custard cups into a 13 x 9 inch Pyrex dish filled half-way with water or you can use an 8 in glass dish and place into larger dish with water (this keeps the custard from burning.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to one hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving and refrigerate until cold
- Serve with whipped cream
I cut this recipe in half and used 6 cups but they were not full. You can use 8 cups for this recipe and fill up nearly to top or use a medium glass dish and put it into a large glass dish with water.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s quick and easy and delicious!
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased them. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much! Happy Reading Everyone!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)