THE SHINE ON AWARD AND THE NOMINEES ARE………
This has been quite a week for me – nominated for three awards! I have had so many good things happening that I have to pinch myself to make sure I am awake. I have been kindly nominated by talented children’s book author, Deanie H. Dunne, for the Shine On Award. I can’t thank Deanie enough for her generosity, kindness, support and friendship.
Here are the Rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
Seven things about myself:
- I was legally blind from age ten to adult without my glasses because I couldn’t see two feet in front of me.
- I now have perfect vision 20/20 due to cataract surgery four years ago. Thanks to God. I am eternally grateful for this gift.
- I was a member of the Sweet Adeline’s International Chorus for five months and left due to my cataract surgery. I never returned due to the traveling involved.
- As a young child I used to sing, When I Was Just A Little Girl, with my grandfather as he played his mandolin.
- While walking from my godmother’s house one day with my cousin we were accosted by two older girls. They finally let me go and I ran all the way home to get my aunt so we could rescue my cousin. It was a frightening experience.
- I nearly fell off a Ferris wheel when I was five years old. I was with the same cousin but we held onto each other until it stopped. We don’t see each other any more; it’s too dangerous!
- I fell down half a flight of stars when I was pregnant with my daughter (7 months along). I suffered a severe ankle sprain. I couldn’t walk and had to crawl around for two months until after I gave birth because I couldn’t put weight on my foot and was not allowed to use crutches by my doctor. Thank God once again for my daughter was unharmed.
The Nominees are:
- JZ Bingham
- Julie Green
- Natalie Mohr
- Sabine Chennault
- Kathleen Shields
- Juan Trevino
- Mike Fedison
- Angela Jordan
- Helen Valentina
- Chelsea Brown
- Megan (Write Meg)
- Markovich Arts
- Catherine Ryan Howard
- Jennifer Writingsfamrs
- Brooke Monfort
Congratulations to all the nominees.
Thank you to all of you for sharing your talents with us. Keep your light shining brightly!
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY!