This is the fifth installment of my newest segment – Janice’s Kitchen Corner.
Here are the other recipes Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms and Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
This is another recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner – Chicken Marsala (one of my favorites). It comes out so delicious that I no longer order out at restaurants (when I can go again) and make it solely at home. I hope you enjoy it as much as my husband and I do.
- 1/4 C flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Chicken Breasts (boned and skinned)
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 3/4 C of Marsala wine (cooking wine)
- 1/2 C chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon squeeze in juice
- 1/2 C sliced button mushrooms
- 1 T chopped or dried parsley
- Season the flour with salt & pepper.
- Pound chicken breasts and lightly coat with flour.
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat and place chicken breast in pan and brown on all sides and remove and set aside on paper towels.
- Add Marsala wine to pan and bring to boil gently removing the alcohol.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice and stir in mushrooms.
- Lower heat and cook for about 10 minutes reducing Marsala sauce.
- Return browned chicken breasts to pan and spoon sauce over chicken.
- Cook for 5 minutes more on each to coat well until cooked.
- Serve with egg noodles or other pasta.
- Garnish with parsley
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It is simple and quick to prepare and your family will love it! Watch for more recipes each week!
Thank you so much, readers, for stopping by to read this post. I appreciate your kind support of my blog and books. Please read to your children daily to help foster a love of reading in them and thus giving them Wings to Fly! Reading is Fun and Good for Your Health! Please leave reviews for books that you enjoy wherever you purchased them. Your reviews will enable others to enjoy the books too. Thank you so much! Happy Reading Everyone!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)