This is the fourth installment of my newest segment – Janice’s Kitchen Corner. This is another recipe from Janice’s Kitchen Corner. Here are the other recipes Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew and Marinated Mushrooms. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese cookies and Drunken Chicken.
I love mushrooms and wanted to share with you a simple and delicious way to stuff portobello or button mushrooms. This is my original recipe.
Mushrooms can be used in so many dishes. I will explore that more later with you.
Here is my Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms (they do have small ones too)
- 1 tbs chopped onions
- garlic powder
- 2 tbs chopped crab or imitation crab
- Red pepper flakes
- Ritz Whole Wheat crackers (10-12 crackers crumbled)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 C water
- Crumble crackers in small bowl and set aside
- Sauté chopped onions in butter
- Add chopped crab to onions and heat through
- Add water and 2 dashes of red pepper flakes and sprinkle of garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients with crumbled crackers
- Spread stuffing evenly over surface of mushrooms
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or on grill for 15-20 minutes
Be ready to receive plenty of compliments and recipe requests! Each time I’ve made these mushrooms whether with button or portobello mushrooms I have been asked for the recipe.
These mushrooms make a nice compliment to a steak, chicken or pork dinner or even fish. They go with everything.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe. Stop by again for more recipes to come.
Thank you so much for stopping by to read this post. Thank you also for your kind support of me, my books and blog and for all the reviews you may have posted wherever my books are sold. Take care.
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Janice Spina aka J.E. Spina
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)