I have been busily working on Book 3 of my Abby & Holly Series. Editing is the most difficult part of writing and publishing a book. I usually read my book several times and each time I may find something that I want to change or cut or enhance in some way.
There is no getting around doing the editing. It must be done! Do you dislike editing as much as I do? How many times do you as an author read over your manuscript?
Each round of editing is different. This is what I do.
- I read through after I complete the MS for story line and content.
- I read through for punctuation and grammar and spelling.
- I read through for words that are overused such as just, then, now.
- I read through for continuity of thought and flow of words
- I read through for anything that I may have missed on the above reads.
- I send this edited MS to my beta readers for their sharp eyes.
- I will reread it as I review their thoughts and suggestions of the story.
- I read it once more to make sure everything is in order and save, save and save again on my hard drive and a memory stick.
No matter how many times I read through my MS I can still miss things. I copy edit for other authors and usually read through their MS twice and then scan once more for overused words.
If you are in need of a copy editor, that is one thing that I do for others. Please go to my blog search under Copyediting or Copy Editing Service or to my website – Jemsbooks.com. My prices are reasonable and there are references for you to check out there.
Watch for my new book, Abby & Holly Series, Book 3. I will announce the title soon and give you a cover reveal this month.
Next on my agenda is Book 4 in this series. I already have a story running around in my head. I hope to have this book completed before the end of the year.
My husband is working on Book 1 of a dragon series which will have six fun books about dragons for children PS-Grade 4. Other ages will enjoy them too! All my books are illustrated by my talented husband. He also is my cover creator. Boy, am I fortunate to have him. He works cheaply for me too! Ha! I am a tough boss though.
Thank you so much for stopping over. I hope you will keep reading and enjoying my books all year through! Happy Reading! All my books are available on Amazon as paperback and ebooks and Barnes & Noble as paperback.
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING EVERYONE!
Blessings & Hugs!