As a writer, have you ever experienced writer’s block? I haven’t yet, thank goodness. But if I ever do I would do these things right away.
- Take a long walk outside in good weather or on my treadmill or elliptical machines.
- Make a cup of spiced tea and eat a low carb and low sugar cookie.
- Listen to some upbeat or my favorite kind of music and sing along.
- Eat a square of 86% dark chocolate (yum!) I really don’t need an excuse to eat one though.
- Take a nap
- Write in some form every day.
- Do deep breathing exercises or stretching to relax.
I find if I do these things my muse begins to work overtime! All I need in order to work on a story is a title and some time alone where it is quiet. That doesn’t always work for me because my husband has the TV going with sports talk or a game on. We share the same room as an office. When the noise level gets to me I suggest that he needs a nap in the family room. It doesn’t take too much convincing. He is always ready for a nap. Once he leaves I get typing even faster. Ah! Please don’t tell him I told you this! He doesn’t read my posts, thank goodness.
My plan is to try and write every day in some manner – blogging, answering emails or working on a MS. I spend lots of time reading too. Reading is an author’s friend! We authors need to read extensively in order to learn how to write more effectively and proficiently. I find I learn something new with each book I read.
Check out my monthly reads for some fabulous books and talented authors! I will have my June reads up on the last day of the month or the first of July.
Well, I hope this post helped you get yourself motivated to write. Now I’m ready to get back to my current MS too! Happy writing!
Thank you for stopping by! I am happy to see you! Come back again real soon!
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING! Reading is good for your health!
Blessings & Hugs,