WHY DO BOOK REVIEWS?
First, let’s define exactly what a book review is. By the dictionary app that I have on my iPad, a Book Review is a critical description, evaluation, or analysis of a book, especially one published in a newspaper or magazine. I must add also as published on a book site such as Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, etc.
I like to think of Book Reviews as windows to our books through which readers get a glimpse of what is inside. Some reviews are clearer than others and paint a picture that shines through enabling readers to see more. Other reviews are foggy and don’t create a clear view of the content for the reader. Whichever reviews authors receive we are grateful for each and every one.
Now back to my original question: Why Do Book Reviews?
I can’t answer for everyone but here is why I do book reviews.
1. I like to create a clear window for the author and readers to the books that I review.
2. I want authors to know how I felt about their books.
3. It is my way to thank the authors for the quality of their books.
4. It is my way to let the author know if I did not especially enjoy their book and why. (I never give less than 3 stars publicly. If I can’t review a book and give it at least 3 stars then I don’t review it and write to the author and let them know why privately.)
5. I enjoy writing reviews.
6. I know why reviews are important – to get readers to look at your books and let Amazon know that your books are worthy of their attention. (The more reviews we, as authors, receive for our books the more we will get noticed by Amazon.)
7. I love to express my thoughts and share them with other readers.
8. I want to support my fellow authors.
9. I am in the top 10% on Goodreads as a reviewer and now want to be in the top 1%. LOL!
10. It’s fun to do and gets me more free books than I can read in a lifetime.
Do you do book reviews? Why? Write to me and let me know why you do them. If you don’t, why not?
I, personally, LOVE to receive reviews on Amazon, Goodreads and Barnes & Noble or anywhere else you purchase my books! I appreciate your support. When you do a review, you show some love for authors! We love you back for each one you do! Thank you for your readership!
My books can be found at the links below waiting patiently and anxiously for your reviews.
Thank you for stopping by to read this post. I hope you are in the group that does reviews. They are extremely important for all authors. They make us authors relevant. Thank you for your help in making us relevant.
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR ALL YEAR THROUGH WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM! HAPPY READING!
READING IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH! Get Reading and Get Healthy today!
Blessings & hugs,