It has been a while since I published a recipe to my segment – Janice’s Kitchen Corner. This one is a Portuguese recipe handed down from my grandmother and mother. It is called Fish in Molho, meaning fish in a gravy. I’m not sure I am spelling this correctly since my translator only gives Portuguese (Brazilian) and not the dialect from Portugal or Madeira where my grandparents are from.
The fish I use in this recipe is either cod or haddock. They are the best fish to stand up to this Molho. If you use a softer fish it will break up too much.
- 1 lb haddock or cod skinned (this is plenty for two)
- Bread crumbs
- 2-3 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Red, green, orange or yellow peppers sliced (I used a combo of red and yellow)
- Chopped onion
- Can of diced tomatoes in juice
- Parsley fresh or dried
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Cut fish into four pieces
- Cover fish with flavored bread crumbs (I use Italian, ha)
- Heat olive oil in pan and add fish, brown on both sides and remove from pan
- Add chopped onions and sliced peppers to pan and cook until tender
- Add diced tomatoes to pan and heat through
- Add fish to Molho and heat until bubbling and peppers are softer
- Add parsley to mixture (if you use fresh parsley add it at #5)
- Serve with white rice or potatoes
- Potatoes can be added to the pan after they are boiled separately to absorb the Molho for tastier potatoes
This is delicious! When I made it recently my husband requested it a few days later. I did not want it again that soon. But I will make it again once a week. I made it with polenta which I love and asparagus. I will add my recipe for polenta another time.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and it will become one of your favorites. It is healthy and delicious! Please check out all my recipes at Janice’s Kitchen Corner.
Thank you so much for stopping by to read this post. I would love to hear if you enjoy my recipes! It warms my heart to get feedback. Ha!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Janice Spina aka J.E. Spina
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)
AMAZON.COM JE SPINA NOVELS PAGE
Sounds delish, Janice!!
It is good! My husband loves it! 🤣