This is the seventh installment of my newest segment – Janice’s Kitchen Corner.
Here are the other recipes Spinach Pita Pizza, Portuguese Seafood Stew, Marinated Mushrooms, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Chicken Marsala, and Rice Paper Veggie Shrimp Wraps. In the past I have also shared recipes for Portuguese Bisquits and Drunken Chicken.
Today I will be sharing my mother’s recipe for Grapenut Custard. This is my favorite dessert even over strawberry shortcake!
- 4 eggs
- 3 C milk
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grapenuts Cereal
- Dash nutmeg
- Whipped cream
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together
- Gradually add milk and blend some more
- Pour egg mixture into custard cups
- Add a sprinkle or more of Grapenuts Cereal to each cup and they will sink down to the bottom. It they don’t you can mix it up a little until they do.
- Put a dash of nutmeg on top of each custard cup before baking
- Put a pat of butter on each cup
- Place custard cups into a 13 x 9 inch Pyrex dish filled half-way with water or you can use an 8 in glass dish and place into larger dish with water (this keeps the custard from burning.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to one hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving and refrigerate until cold
- Serve with whipped cream
I cut this recipe in half and used 6 cups but they were not full. You can use 8 cups for this recipe and fill up nearly to top or use a medium glass dish and put it into a large glass dish with water.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s quick and easy and delicious!
Blessings & Hugs! Stay Safe, Stay Well and God Bless!
READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Jemsbooks for All Ages!
AMAZON.COM AUTHOR PAGE (All books)