Summer is a time for cookouts and plenty of good summer eating and fun get-togethers. My husband and I recently had a cookout on a day that didn’t rain but was still overcast. We cooked out and ate in with good friends.
Here is what we had – Drunken Chicken!
one or more chickens 3-5 lbs each
Can of beer for each chicken (drink half of cans)
Salt, pepper, garlic power, onion powder
- Season insides of chicken with salt and pepper
2. Rub olive oil all over outside of chickens
3. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders
4. Insert half cans of beer into opening of chickens
5. Place standing up with can bottom down
6. Cook under 425 degree grill or oven
7. Carefully remove cans with gloves (beer will still be hot in it and can burn you)
8. Cut up chicken and enjoy!
We served the chicken with potato salad (made by my friend which was delicious), asparagus, corn on the cob, tossed salad. It was a feast and absolutely scrumptious, tender and juicy.
I hope you will get the opportunity to try this yummy chicken! It was fun to prepare and even more so to eat! This is an entertaining meal for family and friends. Enjoy!
Of course, I prepared a perfect dessert to go with this fabulous dinner – Pudding/Cream Cheese Tarts (my own recipe). It is a lot of work but if you would like to have it please let me know in the comments.
Happy summer cooking and eating! Enjoy!
Thank you for stopping by. Come back real soon for more fun posts and ideas.
REMEMBER: READING GIVES YOU WINGS TO FLY! SOAR WITH JEMSBOOKS.COM ALL YEAR THROUGH! HAPPY READING!
Blessings & Hugs!