A special “thank you” to a lovely lady, Sally Georgina Cronin, of https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/2015/02/01/a-quick-awards-ceremony-before-the-baftas-the-sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers/ for this kind award. She is truly a thoughtful and talented author/blogger and a supportive friend.
There are of course a few rules attached to this award which are as follows:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the Award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate seven blogs. (I did eight.)
Here are the seven blogs that I have nominated:
Deanie Humphrys-Dunne – http://dhdunne.blogspot.com/
Bette A. Stevens – http://4writersandreaders.com
Viv Drewa – http://theowlladyblogwordpress.com/
Susan Toy – http://islandeditionswordpress.com
Jo Robinson – http://africolonialstories.wordpress.com
Deb Hockenberry – http://debhockenberry.com
Kristy Birmingham – http://poeticparfait.com
Kristy F. Gillespie – Kristyfgillespie.com
Here are my ten questions for the seven blogs that I have nominated.
- Would you skydive if given the opportunity?
No, I have a fear of heights and would probably have a heart attack if I tried it. Someone would have to push me out the door if they could get me up in the plane to begin with!
2. Which three people would you like on a desert island with you and why?
The Pope, Dali Lama, and Mother Teresa if she was alive to discuss what we can be done to save the world from all the evil that seems to be in the news. I think we need their guidance and counsel to come to a consensus and try to heal and spread God’s message of love.
3. How far would you walk for a bar of chocolate?
Around the world and back but it has to be dark chocolate – that is the only kind I eat. Why, because it is supposed to be good for you! Lol!
4. Have you ever been caught out by a white lie (or bigger if you prefer)?
Yes, when I was little my mom told me not to eat the cake she made until after dinner. Well, I didn’t listen and I tried to take a piece from underneath the cake so she wouldn’t notice it. It didn’t work and I dropped the cake upside down and had to scrap it off the floor and put it back spreading the frosting the best I could to hide the mess. She noticed but didn’t get too upset because I didn’t tell her I had dropped it on the floor. She thought I just flipped it upside down on the counter. Ha!
5. Would you go into space if offered the opportunity?
No, the height thing again and I have benign positional vertigo and can’t take being upside down and turned around. I would have to wear a barf bag all the time.
6. Given a choice between Romance, Science Fiction or Crime which book would you choose and why.
I like them all but probably romance with a little crime added in.
7. Which is your favourite music group and favourite song?
I love Abba and all the music that was used in the movie, Mama Mia.
8. If you could have any job in the world what would it be and why?
I would be a librarian or own a bookstore where I could work with children and read to them all day. I love little ones and watching their eyes as they listen to a story for the first time. It is a joy to hear them say, “Read it again!”
9. What was your best subject at school?
English and reading which go together were my favorite subjects.
10. Which author living or dead would you love to have over for dinner and talk all night with?
Agatha Christie would be my choice. She was fascinating and her books were some of my favorites when I was in school. I read them all and couldn’t get enough. She was very talented in creating an intriguing mystery.
Here are ten questions for nominees to answer.
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What do you prefer to eat meats or seafood?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Why?
4. If you could have chosen who you would look like when grown up who would that be? Why?
5. Which would you prefer to do ice skate or swim? Why?
6. Is there anything you would like to change in your life? Why?
7. If you could changes places with a famous person who would that be? Why?
8. What is your favorite sport?
9. What is your favorite kind of music?
10. If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
I am going to follow Sally suggestion and offer this bouquet of flowers instead of the award. As Sally said, ‘I will not be offended if you choose to accept instead, and I offer them as an alternative to the award, as a way for me to say thank you, for the work you put into making your blog a joy to read.’
Thank you for stopping by. Congratulations to the nominees you are all very deserving of this award.